E108 Renewable Energy Training
Resilient World Institute (RWI) E108 Renewable Energy Training
Understanding the technology solutions needed for a sustainable future
Trainer: Steven Law, P. Eng.
This course will provide participants with an overview of renewable energy and energy storage technologies. Applications will include power generation, combined heat and power, and thermal heating and cooling. Real world case studies will be used to describe how the technologies are deployed in a practical way. Relevant government regulations, including Ontario’s new Environmental Activity Sector Registry will be discussed with considerations for Licensed Engineering Practitioners. Off-grid applications will be reviewed for remote northern communities and mining sites. No laptop is required for this course. Notebook, pen/pencil and calculator are recommended. Photo shooting is not allowed during training.
or contact us for more information:
If you are employed, your employer could receive a grant to cover up to 5/6 of the costs of your training.
Please call 416-855-2680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Trainer: Steven Law, P. Eng.
- Introduction to renewable energy fundamentals – including units of measure and electric grid basics
- Overview of renewable energy in Ontario – understanding where we are and how we got here
- Government policies, regulations and guidelines – including REA, EASR and net metering
- Renewable energy technology overview – including wind turbines, solar (PV and thermal), bioenergy, ground and air source heat pumps, energy from waste and microhydro
- Energy storage technology overview – including pumped hydro, batteries, hydrogen, flywheels, compressed air and thermal heating/cooling
- Q & A
- No prerequisites for Renewable Energy
Who Should Attend:
- Government officials (municipal and regional)
- Major energy users (commercial, industrial, institutional)
- Consulting engineers / Energy and sustainability consultants
- Developers (buildings, energy projects)
- Energy managers
- Renewable energy technology OEMs
- Investment analysts in the sustainability / renewable energy sector
CEUs: 1.4 PDHs: 14
Please arrive before 9:00 am at the Training Centre listed on the event registration page.
You will be provided with all course materials (a binder) at the beginning of the training session
Full day training includes refreshments (coffee, tea, water, snacks) available throughout the duration of the class. Free parking. Lunch on your own. Directory/map of local establishments will be provided.
Please contact us if you wish to change the name of the person on your registration, update your registration information, notify us about any dietary restrictions or other needs if you didn’t so when you registered: 416-855-2680 or email@example.com
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Canada Ontario Training Grant Rebates of Up to 83% off Course Fees Available to Qualified Students! Click
here for More Details