E103 Energy Performance Standards: TGS, OBC SB-10 & CMHC (1 day)
The Ontario Building Code (OBC) SB-10, Toronto Green Standard (TGS) Tier I and II, and CMHC Rental Construction Financing Program have stringent energy performance requirements. Some of these standards have been amended in 2018 to target a higher
energy performance goal.
This course will cover the latest energy performance path of these standards by analyzing specific reference buildings that each path is comparing with. The reference building analyses will cover: Building Envelope, Mechanical Equipment, Lighting, Heat Recovery, and limitations on Peak Electric Demand and Annual Carbon Dioxide Emissions.
This course will also answer the following questions:
- How severe are these energy code amendments?
- What energy efficiency measures should be taken to meet the ever-increasing energy standard of the reference buildings?
- In what area of these amendments is most prominent and therefore should be set as a design priority?
Trainer: Afzal Siddique and Phil Fung
- Building Code “OBC-SB10” (From 2018 to 2021)
- Reference Building for outside City of Toronto
- Proposed Building design for outside City of Toronto
- Reference Building for City of Toronto – TGS V3 Tier 1
- Proposed Building design for City of Toronto – TGS V3 Tier 1
- Reference Building for City of Toronto – TGS V3 Tier 2
- Proposed Building design for City of Toronto – TGS V3 Tier 2
- Reference Building for City of Toronto – TGS V4 Tier 1
- Proposed Building design for City of Toronto – TGS V4 Tier 1
- Reference Building for HPNC and CMHC
- No prerequisites for Energy Performance Standards: TGS, OBC SB-10 and CMHC
Who Should Attend:
- HVAC and Electrical Designers
- Building Developers
- Building Materials and HVAC Equipment Sales Executives
- Facilities Managers
- City Building Department Officials
Register at: http://resilient-world-institute.eventbrite.com
Training grants are available! Click
here for more details